Founded in 1976, the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) is the largest global entity for individuals involved with the regulation of healthcare and related products, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biologics, and nutritional products. Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, RAPS also has offices in Europe and Asia, and chapters and affiliates worldwide. Today, with over 25,000 members and customers, RAPS continues to lead the profession as a neutral, non-lobbying, nonprofit organization.
RAPS offers education and training, professional standards, publications, research, knowledge sharing, networking, career development opportunities, and other valuable resources, including Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC). The RAC is the only post-academic professional credential recognizing regulatory knowledge and competence. RAPS has created a professional development framework that defines competencies at various stages of the profession, from new to executive levels. RAPS has 14 chapters across the United States and Canada; chapters in Switzerland, Israel, and Taiwan; nine networks internationally (Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Germany, India, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, and the United Kingdom), an affiliate in Korea, and administrative offices in Europe, Singapore, and China.
Presently, RAPS has a need for a creative and adept professional to perform in the role of Sr. SQL Server DBA/Analyst. This individual will have, and must enjoy, a broad cross section of responsibilities. The individual selected for this role must be a highly effective communicator, team player, with a proven track record in both small and large database and data analytics projects. This individual will be largely responsible for collecting, cleaning, and using data to drive and support the organization. Near-term projects include, but are not limited to:
- Overhaul RAPS’ Personify Association Management Software (AMS) data warehouse: creating/updating dimensions and measurements, pulling and mapping data from external systems into the data warehouse.
- Personify – AMS: Become a power user and develop processes, procedures and train staff on how to use Personify (product setup, running reports, enhancing email notifications, automatic delivery of sales reports). Lead regular user group meeting to grow awareness and develop internal bench strength using the AMS. Also from the database backend, setting up complex SQL queries and jobs to streamline/automate some manual processes.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and web services: Support content marketing, web services and web integrations to enhance RAPS’ customer web experience.
- Participate on project teams by developing/ researching/integrating/ implementing solutions. Some of RAPS’ current solutions/software needs include: event mobile apps, community software, knowledge management systems and AV/phone systems.
Additionally, the Sr. SQL Server DBA/Analyst can expect to be involved in the following: Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains databases. Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents processes. Writes code for database access, modifications, and construction, including stored procedures. Requires a bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years’ experience, as well as broad understanding of database design and administration, practices, and procedures. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. Reports to Vice President, Technology.
This role mandates a wide range of creativity and latitude. Other activities associated with this role include:
- Create functional specification and design documents; perform analysis and design data models for BI reporting.
- Translate business data requirements into technical solutions developing work flow and data flows.
- Lead efforts to coordinate development projects pertaining to data analysis
- Produce reports to support business needs working collaboratively with various teams.
- Oversee unit testing and data quality efforts. Participate in user testing of enhancements/modifications
- Maintains strong understanding of business workflows, processes and events and how these are captured in transactional systems.
- Identify requirements and improvement opportunities by establishing personal rapport with end users who understand the business requirements.
- Oversee the implementation of API and WCF to integrate RAPS systems, sites and databases; understand and oversee the implementation of Single-Sign-On (SSO) and web and data services.
- Knowledge of Business Objects Data Services;
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server working with a relational database management system as a developer;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a flexible, fast-paced environment;
- Experience handling multiple changing priorities and meeting deadlines in a professional manner;
- Prior experience with Personify AMS (or related AMS software).
- BS/BA Degree (IT-Related), and 5+ years of IT experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
The Sr. SQL Server DBA/Analyst role is a mission critical role within RAPS’ IT organization. This high visibility position will be focused on the delivery of enhanced services and products designed to better support RAPS’ Membership. Compensation and benefits for this position are very competitive. For additional details regarding this role, please contact:
The Artisan Group, Inc.